Rent a car
Renting a car is a convenient way of moving around Geneva and making trips to neighboring destinations. Car rental is often cheaper than hiring a taxi and it is more comfortable and convenient than public transport. Here, you can compare all car rental companies to choose the one that suits you best.
Several car rental companies operate in Geneva, both directly at the airport and in the city center. Prices can vary considerably and it might be difficult to compare all the offers and find the best deals, especially because many companies aren't upfront about hidden costs and taxes.
We recommend using price comparison websites such as Rentalcars.com, which will find the best car rental options, sometimes for even cheaper prices than you could find anywhere else.
Choose the dates and locations for Your car rental:
Geneva Car Rental
Car hiring process consists of 5 steps:
Choose the date and time period. Notice, that the price is counted per days, which are counted in 24-hour periods. So hiring a car for 25 hours or 47 hours is considered two days.
You can specify the location from available locations on the map. Leave as default to search all locations. Usually, the pick up and drop off location is the airport. However, it is possible to return the car to a different location. In this case, click "change" next to the "pick up" and under the "drop off" options, unselect "Return car to the same location". Returning the car to a different location will increase the price by about 18CHF.
Choose your car from a huge selection that draws from all of the car rental companies in the Geneva area. Not all car types, companies, or pick up locations are guaranteed to be available for your selected dates. Book in advance to assure the best selection and to avoid sell-out.
Choose your extras - another driver, ski rack, child seat, GPS system, etc.
Fill in Your name, email and phone number
Choose and fill in payment method: Visa, MasterCard or American Express. There are no credit card fees nor amendment fees.
Confirm Your booking. The order can be canceled or modified 48 hours before the start date without fees.
Standard package includes: Unlimited Mileage, Third Party Liability Insurance, Premium Location Surcharge and Winterization Fee.
- When getting the car, ask customer service for information on nearby gas stations to refuel the tank, how to get to the return car park and return the keys. It is also possible to return the car outside of the return office during opening hours. There is a drop-off box to leave the keys. GPS can be expensive, at around 19CHF per day. Instead, use your smart phone. Download a navigation application, such as Map Factor Navigator, which gives you offline navigation in the whole of Switzerland for free. For your safety, only operate the navigation when car is stopped.
These are the 5 locations to pick up and return hired car in Geneva. However not all of them are always available, depending on your selected dates. Booking in advance will ensure that you get your preferred car.
- Geneva Airport - exit Switzerland (Sixt, Budget, Europcar)
- Geneva Downtown - Rue de Monthoux 2, 1201 Geneve (Sixt)
- Geneva Downtown - Rue de Lausanne 44 1201 Geneva (Budget)
- Geneva Downtown - Rue de Lausanne 37 1201 Geneva (Europcar)
- Geneva Downtown - 60 Rue De Berne 1201 Geneva (Hertz)
- Geneva - Balexert - Avenue Louis Casau 27 1209 Geneva - (Europcar)