Transport from Geneva Airport to the Geneva city
Bus, train, taxi and hotel shuttles connect Airport with the Geneva center.
See details >>
Don't forget to pick up Your free 80 minutes public transport ticket at luggage retrieving hall, just before leaving the arrival zone on the left.
Limousine Transfer / Taxi
Convenient and highly comfortable transfer from Geneva Airport to any given destination by luxurious business limousine starts at CHF 90.
Parking at the airport for up to 10 minutes is free, then the price grows at 2 CHF per hour or 30 CHF per day. Parking by the Palexpo arena, only 500m away from the Terminal is free for the first 3 hours. You need to place the free ticket from the ticket machine on display in your car. There are several thousand parking spots at the airpot, rarely to get full. Still, reservation of parking place is possible for additional CHF 20.
See http://www.gva.ch/en/ for detailed information about arrival and departure flight schedules to/from Geneva.
Airport Shopping Area is mainly at Airport train station, located in the eastern side of the airport.
Food and groceries can be purchased at Migros supermarket at the Airport train station, open Monday to Sunday,even on holidays, until 9pm.
Duty Free Zone
Make use of a tax-free zone to buy prestigious watches, jewelery, souvenirs, liquors, clothes, swiss chocolates and much more for lower prices. Duty free zone at Geneva Airport is located at departure zone after the baggage and ticket control, as well as at arrival zone at baggage retrieving hall. As departure tax-free zone is after the luggage control, you are allowed to buy liquids and bring them to the plane.
Le Chef restaurant on the third floor has splendid views over the runways. Delicious food in modern, upscale surroundings will please your taste buds until your flight is announced.
Services at Geneva airport:
- Safe bag - luggage wrap service - wrap your baggage to reduce size and be transported safer. CHF 15 per unit.
- Luggage storage - CHF 10 per day per baggage, located at airport's train station
- Money exchange
- Computers with internet access (0.14 €/min, accepts swiss and eur coins)
- Phone booth (accepts credit card)
- Copy machine - CHF 0.2 for one black and white A4 copy, CHF 1 for one colorful A4 copy.
- free wi-fi, free toilets
- Mailbox (collected once a day, possibility to pay for letter or post card by SMS)
- Post office (just before the car rental section)
- Automatic photo machine - 6 ID photos (CHF/€ 8), portrait (CHF/€ 4), 2 portraits smaller (CHF/€ 5), 16 mini photos (CHF/€ 6), fun photos (50 different templates)(CHF/€ 4)
Hotels near Geneva Airport
There are 21 both budget and luxurious hotels located within 1 kilometer from Geneva Airport.
Advantages of getting a hotel close to the Airport:
- Staying close to the airport might save you time in case you are coming just for couple days.
- Palexpo is located at the airport.
- Palace of Nations is only 3 km or 11 minute by bus #5 or #28 from the Airport.
- Train connection to the center takes 7 minutes.
- Most of the hotels are cheaper, as they are not in the center.
- Geneva Airport is at the border with France. There are 12 hotels located near the GVA Airport at French side, in Ferney Voltaire, which are a bit cheaper than Swiss hotels.
- Search for your hotel bellow:
Search Hotels near Geneva Airport
GVA Airport Address: 1218 Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland (map)
Pictures of Geneva Airport: