Transport from Geneva Airport to the Geneva city
Bus, train, taxi and hotel shuttles connect Airport with the Geneva center.
See details >>
Don't forget to pick up Your free 80 minutes public transport ticket at luggage retrieving hall.
Parking at the airport up to 10 minutes is free and parking by the Palexpo arena, only 500m away from the Terminal for 3 hours is free. You need to place the free ticket from the ticket machine on display in Your car. There are several thousand parking spots, rarely to get full. Reservation of parking place possible for additional 20CHF. Price for parking starts at 2 CHF per hour or 30 CHF per day.
See http://www.gva.ch/en/ for detailed information about Flights to Geneva.
Airport Shopping Area starts one floor above the railway platforms and continues all the way towards the terminal, to the Airport bus stop. The placing is very slyly, as You will have to walk through the shopping area if going from the train to the Terminal.
Make use of a tax-free zone to buy prestigious watches, diamonds, liquors, clothes, swiss chocolates and much more for lower prices.
Food and groceries can be purchased in Migros supermarket on the Airport. Open daily, even on Sunday and holidays, until 8pm. Location: Directly at the exit from train station.
Hotels near Geneva Airport
There are 21 both budget and luxurious hotels located within 1 kilometer from Geneva Airport.
Advantages of getting a hotel close to the Airport:
- Staying close to the airport might save you time in case you are coming just for couple days.
- Palexpo is located at the airport.
- Palace of Nations is only 3 km or 11 minute by bus #5 or #28 from the Airport.
- Train connection to the center takes 7 minutes.
- Most of the hotels are cheaper, as they are not in the center.
- Geneva Airport is at the border with France. There are 12 hotels located near the GVA Airport at French side, in Ferney Voltaire, which are a bit cheaper than Swiss hotels.
- Search for your hotel bellow:
GVA Airport Address: 1218 Grand-Saconnex, Switzerland (map)
Pictures of Geneva Airport: